Going Green Tips:
• Every Sunday 500,000 trees are used to produce the 88% of newspapers that are never recycled. Please recycle your papers and cardboard!!! It is so easy do!!
• Buy products in bulk when possible. This lowers the amount of packaging that ends up in landfills.
• Recycle!! Most people do not put recyclable material in the recycle bin instead that material ends up in the garbage can. Do your part and sort your trash!
• Avoid using bottled water. Use reusable bottles or containers.
• Slow down - depending on the vehicle, fuel mileage decreases rapidly above 50 mph. For every 5 miles per hour the vehicle is driving above 50mph you spend an extra 26 cents a mile.
• Drive smart - rapid acceleration and braking reduces fuel mileage by up to 33 cents. Driving with slower starts and stop can save up to $1.33 per gallon.
• Check your tire pressure. Not many people realize that tire pressure has an effect on gas mileage.
• Saturday April 20th from 9am to Noon at the 707 North Colony Road. (Route 5) Wallingford, CT 06492
• Saturday April 27th from 9am to Noon at the United Bank branch located at: 286 Maple Ave Cheshire, CT 06410
• Saturday May 18th from 9am to Noon at the United Bank branch located at: 112 Moutain Road Suffield, CT 06078
• Saturday September 21st from 9am to Noon at the United Bank branch located at: United Bank branch located at: 4 Riverside Ave Bristol, CT 06010
• Saturday October 19th from 9am to Noon at the United Bank branch located at: 855 Enfield Street Enfield, CT 06082